Sunday 18 January 2009

Dear Gaza Dont You Cry, We Will Never Let You Die

"you can burn up our mosques,and our homes and our school, but our spirit will never die, we will not go down in Gaza tonight. "
"This is not a war, it is a massacre. Children saw the mutilated body of their parents...too ill to cry"
"We are not anti-semitic, nor are we anti-judaism. In fact, one of us today is a Jew."

amira: i swear that video moved many. My eyes are swollen now. heh. salah ko. Thanks anyway.

Gaza,Gaza,Gaza. Since i was a child, news about West Bank, Hamas, Fatah and Zion surrounded me. I honestly didnt pay attention to it at all. All i have in mind was..watch cerekarama, then fell asleep and arwah abah will change the channel to Dunia Jam 10, where suare Farid Ismet Amir would woke me up. (I hate him, cuz i wanna sleep!). I depend on abah for the politic issues and stuffs all around the world. Now he's not here anymore, i need to depend on myself for any news at all. That is why, i feel not at ease if i dont read at least some news everyday. Gaza, Gaza. How it opened my eyes when i saw the news while working at Royal Mail. Yeah, Israel fire Gaza. ok, so what. However, that night, i saw a mom who lost her son, tremble in sadness and helpless. I am moved by the fact that she doesnt care, though she was extremely sad. Coz her son died of Jihad. (Lets pray he died a martyr). We (more to i, actually) used to live in comfort and still, we whine. Just lately i like to put, or to be exact --> imagine we're in that situation. I would not promise i will stay strong or confident like now. Because that time, ure just helpless. A conversation with a friend goes...

"Do u know what they did mase Hitler? "
"Ape?"
"They would put u in a bus, drove u to a field, dug a ditch, line u up. Then, they would shoot everyone..one by one. Imagine, Hana..aku, Nad dah kene. and now ure hanging to a thread for your life."

I couldnt say whether i live in imagination lately. Coz i feel that our life will end, someday. It may be tomorrow, it may be next 100 years. For Palestinian now, they might see the last light of the day. The might catch the last view of their loved ones at the moment. Coz they will never know, whether they will be alive the next second. Allah. I wanna die with my firm belief in You.

There was a demonstration to free Gaza today. started at 1pm at the sundial, we marched all around the city centre. I was shy at first, coz this was my first time. nothing emotional though. However, when "Gaza, please dont cry...we will never let you die" roared, tears welled up my eyes. so as other fellow friends. I didnt think i was excited to joined this demonstration. But this is the answer to my prayers lately. I prayed for God to show me the way to help them. Everyone can do it, i mean financially, or in silence. But this is something to satisfy my hunger, to easy my feelings. We stopped in front of Marks and Spencers, one of the biggest funder for Israeli attacks. The leader (i wish i know his name), promoted everyone to boycott M&S products. yeah. Nothing interesting really. its just that when i was there, surrounded by the faces that assemble Palestinian's faces triggered my mind. I wonder how would they feel over there. I really wish more of my friends could join, but i respect their reasons though. who knows, their silent prayers is more powerful that me joining the demonstration. Dua is our weapons right? so fellow friends, we are one. And we can help this immoralised act, using intelligence. Peace.

ps: these are one of the posts for today, coz my blog has been abandoned for a long time. i feel comfortable spending time in silence now. Things sometimes can be too complicated. "Seek patience in pray".

4 comments:

minimainimira said...

mungkin ada hikmah jugak aku tak sempat join td..
sebab i know and of course Allah knows that i will definitely weep..
satgi dok soksek buat malu ja.
tp aku dgr ada org tu nak tekencing plak time dgr ceramah..
cait.teruk btul.

Anonymous said...

"i can feel august..its all about me..me...me!"

*aku paling menyampah part tu..huhu

Anonymous said...

alamak!

nk komen kt post yg lg satu sbnaqnya..huhu

awatif 'adilah atan said...

haha...nmpak sgt ank dah tua...takpa...cuma setaun ja lagi ank takkan dengaq...pstuh, everytime 1 aug...ill makesure aku akan utarakan ayat tuh kat ank....